St Helens have announced that long-serving chief executive Mike Rush has stepped down after 13 years in the role.
Rush has been involved with the Super League club in a number of positions over the last 27 years including as head of youth, head of performance, assistant coach and general manager.
During his tenure as chief executive, Saints won five Grand Finals including four in a row between 2019-22.
Rush said in a statement, external that it had been the hardest decision he has had to make.
“The club has been such a huge part of my life for nearly three decades, but I believe now is the right time to step aside,” he said. “After 27 years, I am both emotionally and physically exhausted.”
Club chairman Eamonn McManus will step into the role in a temporary capacity while they recruit a replacement.
Saints also made significant changes during the close season, appointing former ex-Salford Red Devils coach Paul Rowley to the dugout.
They kicked off the new Super League season last Friday with a 24-14 defeat at the hands of Warrington Wolves.
