Norwich striker Josh Sargent will join Toronto FC in a deal worth more than £20m, a potential record fee paid by an MLS club.
Sargent is flying out to Canada on Friday before undertaking a medical at the Canadian side, reports BBC Radio Norfolk.
The initial payment is believed to be around £15.5m, rising to more than £20m with add-ons, and he is expected to sign a five-year contract.
Toronto’s transfer fee could eclipse Son Heung-min’s £20m-plus move to Los Angeles FC in August.
The 26-year-old USA international has scored eight goals in 25 appearances in all competitions this season, with six in the Canaries’ opening five matches of the campaign.
Sargent arrived at Carrow Road in 2021 for £8m from German side Werder Bremen and will depart having scored 56 goals in 157 appearances.
His last game for the Championship club was in early January and he had been training with the second team.
Norwich boss Philippe Clement said he was still waiting for confirmation the deal had gone through.
“It’s the same as I’ve said for the past couple of weeks – as long as I don’t have official news, and I don’t have for the moment, there is nothing to say about it,” he told BBC Radio Norfolk.
